Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's the Batman!





Man it's been awhile since I've updated this thing. I've been pretty busy working on a bunch of different projects and kind of wanted to hold off putting anything on here until I had something other than a half assed sketch to put up. Anyway, since in my previous post (which was like 2 months ago) I had Marvel characters posted, so I figured I'd try my hand at some DC characters and who better to draw than Batman and some of his rogues?

Anyway, looking back I probably wouldn't have drawn Batman so bulky, sure it makes him look kind like the DKR Batman but still he's probably a little too big there. For Mr.Freeze I tried to give him more of a retro looking deep sea diver look, and while looking for reference on that I also came across some astronaut gear that I mixed in with the design. The rest of the characters I just tried to give them a twisted kind of Nightmare Before Christmas look, and the Joker is more of a cross between a messed up marionette puppet and something from Prince's wardrobe.

Hopefully it won't be another 2 months until my next post, but I recently started putting up some of the linework to these colored pieces on my deviant art account at http://www.marcusmuller.deviantart.com/ for anyone that once to see that stuff.

Oh yeah, colors on the Batman characters were done by Michael Roanhaus too.

No comments: